Zend framework is based on MVC architechture. It requires a PHP 5 interpreter with a web server configured to handle PHP scripts correctly. Zend Framework has an extensive collection of unit tests, which you can run using PHPUnit 3.3.0 or later.
Zend recommends the most current release of PHP and currently supports PHP 5.2.4 or later, for critical security and performance enhancements.
Many applications will not require every extension,you should verify that the extensions on which Zend Framework components you'll be using in your application. Soft type of dependency indicates that the component may use the extension if it is available but will function properly if it is not or and Dependency of type hard indicates that the components or classes cannot function properly if the respective extension is not available. You will get PHP extensions which are used in Zend Framework easily. So we have not mentio1ned here.
• It is based on fully object-oriented PHP 5 and are E STRICT compliant
• Use-at-will architecture with loosely coupled components with minimal interdependencies
• Extensible MVC implementation supporting layouts and PHP-based templates with ease.
• Flexible Table Gateway implementation for getting the data from a relational database in an object oriented programming concept.
• It Support for multiple database systems and vendors, which includes MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Informix Dynamic Server
• Authentication and ACL-based authorization using a large amount of backend systems
• Good facility for Data filtering and validation for enhanced application security
• Improved Session management
• Configuration component to stable configuration management throughout the Zend Framework and ZF applications
• Good functionality of Email composition and delivery, retrieval via mbox, Maildir, POP3 and IMAP4
• Well defined Indexing and search that supports the Lucene index file format
• Improved Internationalization and localization
• Facility for Creation of forms using PHP, configuration files, or XML
• Supports Multiple formats for web services, including XML-RPC, REST, and Google GData.
• Simple structured logging component inspired by log4j
• Native-PHP component for reading, updating, and creating PDF documents
• Serialization of PHP data structures to and from JSON to facilitate AJAX development
Organisations which use Zend Framework:
• Berlin Museums
• Digital Sublimity
• GNU/Linux Matters for Poliglota
• Marseille City School System
• Right Media
• Australia Week